06 December 2010

I'm not going through -that- again!

Not that anybody really cares, but I've decided that the 8,000 words I'd written so far for the original Chapter 61 would be better served to take place after another day, so I've had to (temporarily) scrap the progress so far on the old Chapter 61, and instead push it to Chapter 62. Now, Chapter 61 is covering a slightly different topic than originally intended, but in much finer detail (it was initially just going to be a series of paragraphs telling the gist in flashback).

This development, of course, will push both the chapter and wordcount up, but I didn't want a repeat of the Chapter 50 situation once again.

If this story were just one story that I didn't really care about anymore, I would just finish the original draft of Chapter 61 and post it as-is. But I really like where this story has gone over the course of the two years(!) I've been working on it, and I want to write it the way that will make me most happy. It's a whole lot of denouement - I realize that, and I apologize for those of you who may find it boring - and resolution...but I think that it's good resolution. Especially in light of where the sequel stories are going, as currently plotted. (By the way, I'm still on the fence about where that story should go, if anywhere at all. Thoughts? Opinions? Would you just like to see "1 More Chance!" end, with no follow-up story at all? Or are you willing to sit through another friendship/drama/romance story about families and legacies?)

For those interested, I'm still updating the earlier chapters, as well...so it's not like I'm not doing any writing at all in the long breaks between chapters. (I'm up to Chapter 20, at this point.)

I may not have the most vocal readers, but I feel like I owe it to you loyal few who are still giving me the chance to tell my story the way I want to tell it, to let you know why there's been such a long stretch between updates.

2 comments:

  1. I still pop in here at least once a week to see if there's anything new. I'm taking the time to read through the story again as you update it and I still feel it's a good story, well writen and that your characterisation is very good.

    I would read a sequel for sure. I don't care where you post it, just that you do. I also like the side stories (1000 words and the rest).
    So here you go.

    On a totally unrelated topic: Would please stop friggin apologizing all the time???! I seriously don't understand why you feel the need to do that. Your writing a story and sharing it with us. That is an awesome gift. There's no need to apologize about it, allright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a cultural thing, really; we Japanese are always bowing and apologizing for something! :)

    That said, thanks again for your support. It does probably sound like I'm a broken record, but I, myself, read stories and comment and add to favorites ... and the author never reciprocates with thanks or feedback of any kind. I didn't always do that, either, but now that I know that readers are just as valuable a part of the writing process (because the stories would just be bits and bytes floating in cyberspace without readers to enjoy them), I feel like I should make up for all of the impoliteness of my earlier posting days. :)

    ReplyDelete