03 September 2009

What it's all about

I decided to put together a blog where I could answer some questions about my Persona 4 fan fiction story, "1 More Chance!" The story is posted both at Fanfiction.Net, in the Games > Megami Tensei section, and on my website, Bonusparts.com, in the KINK section.

"1 More Chance!" is an M-rated story, which means that it contains material that is considered "mature." According to the ESRB, "Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language." There is no intense violence or gore in my story, but there is plenty of sexual content and some strong language.

About the Story
"1 More Chance!" follows the heroes from the game Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4, five years after the "True Ending" of the game. While I don't know if it's absolutely necessary for you to have played through the entire game to understand what's going on in the story, if you haven't (or if you don't want to be spoiled for some important parts of the game), you probably don't want to read the story just yet. Specifically, the story is told from the point of view of one of the supporting characters, a young woman named Satonaka Chie (Chie's her first name, and Satonaka is her family name; that's just how Japanese names work). It's about her rekindling the friendships of her youth, finding love, and - perhaps most importantly - finding herself.

The story is currently around 400 pages in length, so it's by no means a small undertaking if you want to start in on it. A fair amount of that story space is dedicated to a young woman engaging in activities of a sexual nature, so if you're not into that, you shouldn't start the story at all.

Why this blog?
Every week, I'll take a look at one or two questions that come up from reviews or direct messages/emails that I get from readers. Sometimes the questions may be fairly thought-provoking, and sometimes they may be pretty inconsequential to the story itself. But I thought this would be an easy outlet for me to talk about the story and its myriad facets.

If you have a question about "1 More Chance!" or any facet of the story (characters, motivations, background), just ask about it in your review or direct message/email to me. I can't promise that I will get to everyone's questions...but I think there are few enough right now that I can answer most of them over the next several weeks.

Oh, and I won't be spoiling anything in the story, meaning that I won't be giving away any plot points before their time. If I do happen to answer a question that might spoil someone who hasn't read the story yet, or who's still in the middle of the story so far, I'll be sure to mark it as such and blank it out somehow, so you don't accidentally stumble on a plot point that will be important later.

So get reading, and send me those questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment